A friend of mine, Steve, and his wife Liz asked
me if I wanted to tag along on a trip around
Douglas Divide, after Steve got off of work.
Around noon, when I arrived at Steve's house, I
noticed that my wallet was missing. I backtracked
my way back to the gas station but I was still
unable to find it, so I had them head on without
me. About 30 minutes later, some folks showed
up at my house with my wallet in hand,
so with several quick thank you's I was
off to catch up with Steve and Liz.
Rangely. That had to be the quickest trip I have
made to Rangely, that's for sure.
new bigger back seat Liz is a happy camper.
The Rangely side of the Pass.
We had some clouds move in and cool things
down real nice. Steve noticed a low air pressure
in his front end, but said it was doing fine.
On top we stopped for a quick look around. I
didn't realize that they had never been on
this loop before (VIRGINS HEHE).
Steve has not been riding long and was able to
experience a good kickstand drag on one of the
sharp downhill corners. He was fine with it, but
I don't think Liz was real impressed. We had
several cars behind us, so I wasn't able to get
as many pictures as I would have liked.
*
It was a really nice first ride with Steve and Liz.
After we got into Grand Junction, we
stopped of at the Outback Restaurant and
had a nice dinner and some conversation. I left
them at the west Rifle exit and headed to
check on my brother Scott and his wife to see
if they had the baby yet. I hope that Steve and Liz
get a chance to ride with us more often.
AND GOOD TIMES WERE HAD BY ALL
